Comment on page
Supported Filetypes in LeiaViewer
LeiaViewer supports various 3D model file formats.
Supported File Types
LeiaViewer supports the following file types:
- The file size limitations in LeiaViewer are impacted by the number of triangles, polygons and vertices of each model
- If your model is not loading, it may be too large to open in LeiaViewer. in this case you should try to reduce the facecount to under 100k.
- You can do this by going into Blender (a free app) and using the decimate tool.
- You may also want to adjust texture size down to 4K or less in Photoshop
- Recommend upper limit for facecounts: 100k
- Recommend upper limit for file sizes: 50MB
- Recommend upper limit for textures: 4K resolution or less
If there is problem loading a 3D model on your device:
- Send us the model file
- Describe the problem (is it a crash, is there an error modal, did the model fail to load?)
- Is the center of rotation correct
- To import models, tap the + button in the top left corner to open the file browser
- The file browser will automatically surface all of the model files located on your device
- For model types like FBX and OBJ, your textures will need to be siblings of the model file.
- STL doesn't have textures, so its a single model format. Just load the model by clicking on it in the file browser
Uploading OBJ & OBJ instructions
- OBJ and FBX are the same, but you need to make sure any textures that come with model are in same directory as the model itself
- sometimes they come with a separate textures folder, you need to move all the textures into the top level directory that contains the OBJ model
- once all the files are in the right place, just tap the OBJ model in LeiaViewer file browser
- Animations are not in a separate file, they are a part of models themselves
- Animations are usually included in GLB, GLTF, FBX model files already
- They will be shown when you open the model in LeiaViewer file browser